Loophole helps create uninsured motorists
In response to Kory Ellis (Your Views, Jan. 23): I've seen signs on insurance company windows advertising auto insurance in increments of one, two, three, six months and up to a year. In other words a person can pay for one month of auto insurance, use it to obtain vehicle tags and not renew the insurance until the tags are due again. Viola! Another uninsured motorist! This loophole could and should be addressed by the Legislature. Putting a stop to this practice would solve the majority of our problems with uninsured motorists.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ed Peaslee, Moore
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater