Lopez steps down as state Commerce Department head
Deputy director Jonna Kirschner to succeed Lopez, who will remain state commerce secretary in Gov. Mary Fallin's cabinet.
Kirschner has served as deputy director and general counsel at the Commerce Department since 2003. She managed the legal division, including the Quality Jobs Program and directed the operations of the Business Customer Services Division, the Public Information Office, the Regional Development Specialists and the Oklahoma Main Street Program.
“Secretary Lopez has been an extraordinary leader and advocate for Oklahoma, and my challenge will be to pick up where he left off and continue to build the state's forward momentum,” Kirschner said in a statement. “I look forward to continuing to work closely with him and with Governor Fallin to grow our economy and to both retain and create new jobs in Oklahoma.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister