Lopez steps down as state Commerce Department head
Deputy director Jonna Kirschner to succeed Lopez, who will remain state commerce secretary in Gov. Mary Fallin's cabinet.
Kirschner has served as deputy director and general counsel at the Commerce Department since 2003. She managed the legal division, including the Quality Jobs Program and directed the operations of the Business Customer Services Division, the Public Information Office, the Regional Development Specialists and the Oklahoma Main Street Program.
“Secretary Lopez has been an extraordinary leader and advocate for Oklahoma, and my challenge will be to pick up where he left off and continue to build the state's forward momentum,” Kirschner said in a statement. “I look forward to continuing to work closely with him and with Governor Fallin to grow our economy and to both retain and create new jobs in Oklahoma.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit