Lots of FCS title tickets going to ND addresses
FARGO, N.D. (AP) — About one-third of the 7,400 tickets made available to the public for January's Football Championship Subdivision title game in Frisco, Texas, have been bought by people with North Dakota addresses.
North Dakota State University booster club president Jim Hambrick tells The Forum newspaper (http://bit.ly/QpIKOy ) that there is a lot of football left in the season, but he and other fans are "cautiously optimistic" that the Bison will end up in the title game for a second straight year.
NDSU beat Sam Houston State last year for the school's first NCAA Division I title. The Bison are 5-0 this season and ranked No. 1 in FCS.
Many Bison fans last year had to scramble to find tickets in the weeks leading up to the championship game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law