Louisiana Tech enters BCS standings
RUSTON, La. (AP) — For the first time in program history, Louisiana Tech has entered the Bowl Championship Series Standings following its 28-14 weekend win over New Mexico State.
Head coach Sonny Dykes and the Bulldogs are No. 25 in the latest standings released Sunday. Tech also earned its highest ranking ever in both the Associated Press and USA Today Coaches Polls this week as the Bulldogs are No. 22 and No. 23, respectively.
Tech hosts Texas-San Antonio on Saturday. Kickoff is at 3 p.m.
The Bulldogs are 7-1 on the season with its only loss being a 59-57 setback against Texas A&M, which is No. 16 in the BCS Standings. The Harris Interactive Poll, USA Today Coaches Poll and computer rankings each comprise one-third of the BCS Standings.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated