Love's opens first CNG stations in Oklahoma City, Norman
Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores has opened its first compressed natural gas fueling stations in Oklahoma City and Norman.
Compressed natural gas continues to be more widely available in Oklahoma, thanks to Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores and Chesapeake Energy Corp.
Love's on Friday celebrated the opening of its first CNG fueling stations in Oklahoma City and Norman.
The Oklahoma City-based company has partnered with Chesapeake to add CNG to its fuel offerings, giving drivers a cheaper, cleaner alternative to gasoline or diesel.
Love's has announced plans to open 10 CNG fueling stations this year. The company staged grand openings Friday for stations at Interstate 35 and NE 122 in Oklahoma City and at Interstate 35 and State Highway 9 in Norman, across from Riverwind Casino.
“As more corporate and government entities convert their fleets to run on CNG and consumer demand for natural gas vehicles begins to grow, Love's wants to be ready to meet the needs of these customers,” said Jenny Love Meyer, Love's vice president of communications.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
Expanded Chesapeake coverage
Chesapeake coverage on NewsOK:
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes