LSU-Auburn preview capsule
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) â€” No. 2 LSU (3-0, 0-0 SEC) at Auburn (1-2, 0-1) 7 p.m. (ESPN)
Line: LSU by 20Â½.
Series Record: LSU leads 25-20-1.
LSU can stay on track for a third straight No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup against Alabama with a win in its Southeastern Conference opener. Coach Gene Chizik and Auburn could silence many of their critics by pulling off a big upset after a disappointing start.
LSU's rushing offense leads the league and averages 269.3 yards a game on the ground. Auburn has allowed a league-worst 217 rushing yards with poor tackling and shaky play in the front seven. It could be a physical mismatch on the interior line, especially, in dealing with LSU's blockers and bruising backs.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
LSU: RB Kenny Hilliard. The bulldozing back is leading the SEC in scoring with six touchdowns and is third in rushing, averaging 8.2 yards on 37 carries. The 231-pounder takes on a defense that was abused for 231 yards by Clemson's Andre Ellington.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims