LSU-TCU to open next season at Cowboys Stadium
LSU will face TCU to open the 2013 season at Dallas Cowboys Stadium.
LSU will be making its second appearance in the Cowboys Classic. The Tigers opened last season in Arlington, Texas, by beating Oregon. TCU, from nearby Fort Worth, will be making its first appearance in the five-year-old marquee season kickoff game.
The game will be played Saturday, Aug. 31 and be televised by ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
The Horned Frogs from the Big 12 and the Tigers from the Southeastern Conference have played eight times, but not since 1968. LSU leads the series 5-2-1.
This season, Alabama and Michigan played the season opener at Cowboys Stadium. Alabama won 41-14.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims