LSUHSC faculty member takes council post
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Dr. Robert Barsley has been elected treasurer of the Council of Scientific Society Presidents.
Barsley is director of oral health resources, community and hospital dentistry and division head of diagnostic sciences at the LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans' School of Dentistry.
The council is a nonprofit organization of presidents, presidents-elect and past presidents of about 60 scientific federations and societies whose combined membership numbers well over 1.4 million scientists and science educators.
Barsley is a 1977 graduate of the LSU School of Dentistry and a 1987 graduate of the Loyola University School of Law. He joined the faculty of the LSU School of Dentistry in 1980.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims