LSU's Miles pressing players to clean up mistakes
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Lackluster efforts in victories against Auburn and Towson have fourth-ranked LSU needing to make an adjustment as it begins the heart of its Southeastern Conference schedule this week.
The Tigers will take on 10th-ranked Florida at "the Swamp" in Gainesville, Fla., on Saturday.
Following the game against the Gators, LSU will meet three more currently ranked opponents in the next four games — No. 6 South Carolina, No. 1 Alabama and No. 20 Mississippi State.
Tigers coach Les Miles has been unhappy with the way his team has performed the past two weeks, a span in which LSU committed five turnovers and 19 penalties. Towson outrushed LSU by 30 yards due to a number of missed tackles.
LSU has won its first five games for the fourth straight season and for the fifth time in Miles' eight years as coach. Florida, in its second year under coach Will Muschamp, has won its first four games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction