LSU's Minter finalist for Butkus Award
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — LSU linebacker Kevin Minter has been named one of five finalists for the Butkus Award, which is given each year to the top linebacker in college football.
Minter is joined on the list of finalists by Jarvis Jones of Georgia, Dion Jordan of Oregon, C.J. Mosley of Alabama and Manti Te'o of Notre Dame.
In 11 games this year, Minter has recorded a team-high 101 tackles and been name the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Week two times. In addition to his 101 tackles, Minter leads the Tigers with 13.5 tackles for loss to go along with 3.0 sacks, five pass breakups, four quarterback hurries, one interception and one force fumble.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister