Luther wildfires suspects developed, investigation turned over to grand jury
Oklahoma County investigators have developed suspects in an arson fire in Luther.
Oklahoma County investigators have developed suspects in the arson that sparked wildfires in Luther in August, Sheriff John Whetsel said Tuesday during a news conference.
Videoview all videos
Oct 16Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel updated the...
Photoview all photos
The sheriff said he is turning the investigation over to the multicounty grand jury because that is the best way to get “full and truthful statements” from witnesses.
The Luther fires damages nearly 2,700 acres and 50 structures, officials reported.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit