Magic owner Rich DeVos recuperating after stroke
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Orlando Magic owner and Amway Inc. co-founder Rich DeVos is recuperating following what was described as a mild stroke last month.
Amway, the Michigan-based direct sales company, said Wednesday that the 86-year-old DeVos was taken Aug. 19 to Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids after having a stroke. The company says he was kept for tests and observation before being released Aug. 21.
The company says DeVos is in good condition and is recuperating at home.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma