Magic PG Nelson out with strained patella tendon
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The Orlando Magic point guard Jameer Nelson has been diagnosed with a strained left knee patella tendon
The team said in a statement Thursday that the veteran's return will be determined after further evaluation when he returns with the team on Saturday from its current road trip. The Magic play at Memphis on Friday.
Nelson was injured in the fourth quarter of Orlando's 111-96 loss at Dallas on Wednesday night.
He has missed 11 games this season, most recently a pair of games earlier this month for a right arm contusion. He's also been sidelined this season for a strained right hamstring and groin, left Achilles tendinitis and a sore left hip.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad