Maine dominates Bryant 51-7
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP) — David Hood scored two first-half touchdowns and Rickey Stevens added 168 yards on 17 carries to help Maine dominate Bryant 51-7 on Saturday.
Maine led 14-0 early in the second quarter before Hood scored from 2-yards out. Hood then capped off a 7-play, 83-yard drive with a 1-yard run to help the Black Bears take a 28-0 lead.
Hood finished with 102 yards on 14 carries. It was the first time since 2008 that Maine had two players rush for 100 yards.
Maine's defense held Bryant to just 186 yards on 59 plays (3.2 yards per play) and forced two turnovers in the win, including Khari Al-Mateen's 77-yard interception return for a touchdown.
The two squads played each other for the first time last season, with Maine coming away with a 28-13 victory.
Jordan Brown led Bryant with 63 yards rushing.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort