Maine gas prices on the way up
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Gas prices in Maine are up nearly three cents per gallon in the past week.
Price-monitoring website MaineGasPrices.com reports Monday that the average retail cost of a gallon of gasoline jumped to $3.51.
The national average also rose about three cents in the past week, but remains well below the Maine average at $3.27 per gallon.
Current Maine prices are a nickel lower than a month ago and still 17 cents higher than at this time last year.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit