Maine museum to exhibit best works in collection
ROCKLAND, Maine (AP) — Maine's Farnsworth Art Museum is kicking off its 2013 exhibition season with a show featuring paintings, photographs and sculptures by well-known American artists including Marsden Hartley, Winslow Homer, Edward Hopper, Eliot Porter, Robert Indiana and N.C., Andrew and Jamie Wyeth.
Beginning Feb. 17, the Rockland museum will present an exhibit called "American Treasures: The Best of the Farnsworth Collection," which celebrates Maine's role in American art by displaying the very best among the more than 13,000 works in its collection.
On April 27, the Farnsworth's Wyeth Center will open a major exhibit featuring 30 illustrations by N.C. Wyeth on loan from the Brandywine River Museum in Pennsylvania.
Other smaller exhibitions during the year will feature works by Jonathan Fisher and Andrew Wyeth.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures