Maine ski area installs electric car chargers
GREENWOOD, Maine (AP) — Western Maine's Mount Abram ski area says it's the second in North America to install electric vehicle charging stations.
The Greenwood ski area has installed a pair of 220-volt charging centers. They're located close to the main lodge, rewarding guests who arrive in electric and hybrid cars. Mount Abram says its charging centers show the privately owned ski area's commitment to environmental sustainability.
Stevens Pass Ski Area in Washington also has electric vehicle charging stations.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad