Major League Baseball: Matt Holliday confident Cards can contend without ace Chris Carpenter
The six-time All-Star said highly regarded pitchers Joe Kelly, Shelby Miller and Trevor Rosenthal can help offset the loss of injured Carpenter.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Growing up in Stillwater, where his father, Tom, was the pitching coach and head coach at Oklahoma State, Matt was a fan of former Cowboys such as Robin Ventura, Pete Incaviglia and Jeromy Burnitz more than a specific team.
The Cardinals, though, were the team he followed the most.
“When you join the Cardinals organization you immediately understand the expectation of excellence and the tradition that comes with it,” Holliday said. “They take pride in getting players with great character. It's a great organization to play for.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims