Major winter storm headed toward Oklahoma
Blizzard conditions are expected in parts of Oklahoma beginning Sunday night.
Videoview all videos
Feb 26Thousands of people are still without power, and roads in...
Feb 25A state of emergency was declared Monday for 56 Oklahoma...
Photoview all 20 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“By Tuesday morning, we're looking at a low in the upper 20s and of course there's going to be a windchill too, around the 20s,” Pike said.
Northwest Oklahoma also saw the worst of last week's winter weather, with some areas getting a foot of snow or more.
State and local road crews are on alert, officials said, and emergency responders urge people to prepare for a life-threatening blizzard.
Pike said Interstate 40 westbound to the Texas state line will receive the worst conditions of major thoroughfares, but Interstate 35 north of the metro could be troublesome as well.
Red Cross spokesman Ken Garcia said the agency is prepared to send volunteers wherever they might be needed in the state.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense