Making a splash: White Water Bay to add two new rides
The Cannon Bowl and Pipeline Wave are expected to be open for White Water Bay's 2013 season. It's the biggest expansion to the park in 20 years.
White Water Bay plans to add two new water slides to the park — the largest expansion in two decades.
The Cannon Bowl and Pipeline Wave are expected to be ready when the park opens for the 2013 season, said White Water Bay General Manager David Riddles. Park officials are securing permits for the rides and hope to begin construction in a couple of weeks.
Videoview all videos
Jan 30The Cannon Bowl and Pipeline Wave are expected to be open...
Photoview all photos
The last major addition to White Water Bay, 3908 W Reno, was the Big Kahuna in 1992.
“Our loyal guests were ready for a new ride and we are excited to offer them two,” Riddles said. “We're long overdue.”
Both slides will be built in a single structure and will share a staircase, he said.
The Cannon Bowl is a two-person double tube ride with a 41-foot drop; riders experience a steep decent into the bowl, where they revolve around the perimeter before being dropped through a corkscrew exit. On the Pipeline Wave, two riders sit face-to-face in a tube, where they slide through tunnels and to the top of banked curves. The ride is 201-feet long and also has a 41-foot drop.
The structure will be located on the northeast side of the park near the Bermuda Triangle. The volleyball courts will be relocated for the project, which includes additional shaded lounge areas. Riddles declined to disclose construction costs.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims