Malkin, Letang still out for Penguins vs. Isles
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) — The Pittsburgh Penguins are again without star forward Evgeni Malkin and top defenseman Kris Letang as they visit the New York Islanders and try to stretch their winning streak to 11 games.
Malkin is sidelined Friday night because of an upper body injury, while Letang is dealing with a lower body problem.
Malkin, who earlier in the week eyed the matchup with the Islanders as a possible return date, sat out for a seventh straight time. Letang missed his second game and is considered to be day to day.
However, the Penguins haven't missed a beat without them. Pittsburgh is the first NHL team to record at least a 10-game winning streak in three consecutive seasons, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort