Mamet bursts the bubble of entertainment celebs
NewsOK Related Articles
That bubble doesn't burst often in the entertainment world, which is as bound by political correctness as it is by the worship of diversity. Mamet is also an outlander culturally. He's a Jew who implored fellow Jews to vote for Mitt Romney. Here's a Mamet line you won't hear much within the movie industry: The Israelis “would like to live in peace within their borders; the Arabs would like to kill them all.”
Clint Eastwood's empty chair “dialogue” with Obama was a highlight of the 2012 Republican National Convention. Romney won't fill the chair in the Oval Office come January, and conservative scriptwriters and directors might not fill a single theater.
As far as we can tell, though, Hollywood liberals haven't been sending checks to Washington to help offset revenue losses from the “Bush tax cuts” they purportedly dislike. Like the shirt vendor, they've had it both ways.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister