Man accused of rape, maiming is arrested in Oklahoma City
An Oklahoma City woman said she was tortured with pliers and raped in the 2000 block of NE 28. Police have arrested a suspect.
A man accused of raping a woman and torturing her with pliers has been arrested in Oklahoma City, police said Monday.
A 20-year-old female victim told police the man wanted to pimp her but she refused. He came to her house just before 1 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of NE 28 and threw a fan at her before binding her hands and feet with duct tape, she told police.
After locking her in the closet, the man sexually assaulted her twice, she told police. He broke her teeth and grabbed her tongue with pliers before using the tool to injure another body part, she told police. She said she was held against her will for several hours.
Police arrested Patrick McKinley Garnette, 20, on Sunday on complaints of rape, rape by instrumentation, forcible oral sodomy, domestic abuse with great bodily injury, maiming, assault with a dangerous weapon and kidnapping, Master Sgt. Gary Knight said. Garnette was being held without bail Monday at the Oklahoma County jail, a jail official said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims