Man accused of stealing MDA donations, cigarette cartons from Oklahoma City 7-Eleven
Tyrell Jerome Wilson, 31, of Oklahoma City, was arrested on complaints of larceny of merchandise and public drunkenness, police say.
Oklahoma City police say a convenience store thief took cigarettes and a jar of coins intended to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Tyrell Jerome Wilson, 31, of Oklahoma City, was arrested Jan. 31 on complaints of public drunkenness and larceny of merchandise after the items were stolen from 7-Eleven, 2845 NW 10, according to a police report released Tuesday.
A witness told police he saw a man crawl behind the counter and then walk and crawl out with a jar of coins in his coat, according to the report.
Police say they chased a man down an alley near the 7-Eleven and found Wilson hiding in a garage with the stolen items. He had a strong smell of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet, according to the report.
A 7-Eleven clerk identified Wilson as the man who stole the jar of coins and two cartons of cigarette from behind the counter, according to the report.
The jar reportedly contained $104.41.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena