Man accused of stealing MDA donations, cigarette cartons from Oklahoma City 7-Eleven
Tyrell Jerome Wilson, 31, of Oklahoma City, was arrested on complaints of larceny of merchandise and public drunkenness, police say.
Oklahoma City police say a convenience store thief took cigarettes and a jar of coins intended to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Tyrell Jerome Wilson, 31, of Oklahoma City, was arrested Jan. 31 on complaints of public drunkenness and larceny of merchandise after the items were stolen from 7-Eleven, 2845 NW 10, according to a police report released Tuesday.
A witness told police he saw a man crawl behind the counter and then walk and crawl out with a jar of coins in his coat, according to the report.
Police say they chased a man down an alley near the 7-Eleven and found Wilson hiding in a garage with the stolen items. He had a strong smell of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet, according to the report.
A 7-Eleven clerk identified Wilson as the man who stole the jar of coins and two cartons of cigarette from behind the counter, according to the report.
The jar reportedly contained $104.41.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters