Man arrested after crashing into Norman police car
NORMAN (AP) — Police in Norman say a man has been arrested after crashing into a Norman police car that had its emergency lights activated as it was blocking a highway because of a previous collision.
Capt. Tom Easley says both the driver of the car — Christopher Andrew Lumspen — and Sgt. Jason Simpson suffered minor injured in the crash late Wednesday.
Easley says Simpson was in the patrol car and blocking the southbound exit lane from Interstate 35 onto State Highway 77 when his car was struck from behind.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley