Man arrested after leaving children in car in the middle of the street, Oklahoma City police report
Dwight Clayton Steele Sr., 49, of Oklahoma City was arrested on complaints of child endangerment and public drunkenness Tuesday after he left his two children in a parked car in the middle of Harvey Avenue.
A man who left his two children in a parked car in the middle of the street was arrested on complaints of child endangerment and public drunkenness, police report.
Videoview all videos
Jan 9Dwight Clayton Steele Sr., 49, of Oklahoma City was...
Photoview all photos
Dwight Clayton Steele Sr., 49, of Oklahoma City, was arrested about 5:45 p.m. Tuesday after police found him walking eastbound on NW 90. His car was parked about a block away in the middle of N Harvey Avenue, according to the police report.
Officers found two young boys in the backseat crying. The car was turned off and the driver's window was down, according to the report.
The older boy told police his dad had picked up a girl and followed her when she got out of the car.
Master Sgt. Gary Knight said Steele appeared to be under the influence of either drugs or alcohol. When asked if he knew where he was, Steele responded, “Yeah, over here,” Steele said.
The two children were taken into custody and released to their mother. Steele was taken to the Oklahoma County jail. His bail was set at $10,000.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater