Man is arrested on eight complaints from three Oklahoma law agencies
Victor Ramsey, 21, was arrested Tuesday by Oklahoma County sheriff's warrant team on three warrants. The eight complaints include assault and battery upon corrections personnel, robbery with a firearm and concealing stolen property. His bail was set at $750,000.
Authorities arrested a man Tuesday on warrants from three law enforcement agencies in Oklahoma County.
Victor Andrew Ramsey Jr., 21, was arrested by the Oklahoma County sheriff's warrant team in the 2800 block of S Midwest Blvd., at a Midwest City restaurant where he was working as a delivery driver.
Ramsey was booked into the Oklahoma County jail on eight complaints, including assaulting a jailer, robbery with a firearm and concealing stolen property. His bail was set at $750,000.
He was wanted by the Oklahoma City police, Oklahoma County Sheriff's Department and Edmond police.
The Oklahoma County warrant sought Ramsey on a complaint of assault and battery upon corrections personnel. According to the probable cause affidavit, Ramsey was an inmate in the Oklahoma County jail Jan. 18 when he grabbed a jailer's uniform and tried to strike him with his knee and fist.
Oklahoma City police wanted Ramsey on complaints of robbery with a firearm, unlawful use of a computer network, unauthorized use of a vehicle, concealing stolen property and larceny from a house.
Ramsey is accused of robbing a man Nov. 19, 2010, after posting a “vehicle for sale” ad on Craigslist, according to a probable cause affidavit. When the victim met Ramsey to buy the vehicle, Ramsey pulled out a gun and took the man's money, the affidavit states.
In the Edmond case, Ramsey was arrested on complaints of impersonating another and making obscene, threatening or harassing telephone calls.
He is accused of harassing an ex-girlfriend through text messaging in September and of having her car towed away from her house, according to the probable cause affidavit.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law