Man charged in Oklahoma City killing was questioned in Weatherford teen's disappearance
Three people — including a man questioned about the recent disappearance of a Weatherford teen — were charged with first-degree murder late last week in Cleveland County in connection with the September shooting death of 22-year-old Jonathan Patton.
Photoview all photos
In May, the same trailer was raided by police, who said they removed thousands in cash and a small cache of drugs. Investigators said they also found evidence that Wilson had recently sold large quantities of marijuana, reportedly about 100 pounds.
Wilson, when questioned about Patton's death, reportedly admitted that he used the double-wide trailer to sell drugs.
Girl still missing
Paz has been in the news recently after he was questioned in the disappearance of Jaray Wilson, 16, who was last seen Oct. 15.
Custer County Sheriff Bruce Peoples told The Oklahoman in October that Paz was questioned because “his name kept coming up” during interviews with Wilson's friends and acquaintances.
Peoples said there was speculation among those same sources that Jaray Wilson may have been a victim of human trafficking, but investigators were unable to link Paz to the girl's disappearance.
Paz has been arrested several times in Oklahoma since 2003, including two weapons charges.
Buckmaster and Southerland also have extensive criminal records, with each logging several drug arrests dating to 2005.
Southerland also was charged Monday with possession of drugs in Caddo County.
Patton, the shooting victim, had been arrested at least three times on drug charges since 2007.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins