Man charged with crashing pickup into Vt. airport
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Police say a 39-year-old Vermont man drove a pickup truck through a chain link fence onto a road inside the Burlington International Airport in and then exited by driving through an emergency gate.
Brent Rutledge was charged Wednesday following the 7:25 a.m. incident.
Burlington police say Rutledge was apprehended after he drove through two wooden swinging gates at the airport parking garage. He appeared "disoriented and distraught" and was making illogical statements. He was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.
Police say there does not appear to be an ongoing threat.
There was no runway or taxiway incursions and no aircraft were in motion at the time.
Police will decide if improvements and fortifications to the perimeter fence are needed.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort