Man City says Aguero could be back within a month
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Manchester City says forward Sergio Aguero could return from a knee injury within a month after fears he could be facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
The Argentinian fell awkwardly following a challenge by Southampton defender Nathaniel Clyne in Sunday's Premier League opener and was carried off.
City manager Roberto Mancini said on Wednesday that "we feared he could be out for six months or maybe even more, which would have been very bad news." But Mancini added that "we are hoping he will be back after the international break."
That means Aguero could be available for the Sept. 15 match against Stoke.
Defending champion City beat Southampton 3-2 on Sunday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction