Man dies after shooting at Oklahoma City gun range
A man was reported shot in the head at an Oklahoma City gun range Monday afternoon, police said.
A man died after being found shot in a stall at an Oklahoma City gun range Monday afternoon, police said.
The man was pronounced dead at OU Medical Center, Lt. Kevin Parton said. His name was not released.
About 5:30 p.m., officers were called to the H&H Shooting Sports near Interstate 40 and S Meridian Avenue on reports that a man was shot in the head. Witnesses said they passed a shooting stall and found the man slumped over with a gunshot wound, Parton said.
Police received calls about assault with a dangerous weapon and attempted suicide, but are still investigating what happened, he said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law