Man dies in southwest Oklahoma City apartment fire
Oklahoma City fire officials have not identified the victim who died in an apartment fire Friday at 4900 S Walker Ave. Three families displaced by the fire are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
One man was found dead Friday after firefighters put out an apartment fire in southwest Oklahoma City, fire officials said. The man has not been identified.
Firefighters battled a fire at the Greystone Apartments, 4900 S Walker Ave.
Officials said it appears the fire spread from a first floor unit to a second floor unit. The building was evacuated because of heavy smoke and flames.
Disaster mental health volunteers with the American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma were at the scene of the fire to provide assistance, spokesman Ken Garcia said.
The organization helped three families who were displaced by the fire with a three-night hotel stay and money for food and clothing, Garcia said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments