Man dies in hospital after being found beaten in Oklahoma City, police report
A man was found beaten in southwest Oklahoma City and was taken to a hospital, where he died Thursday morning. Police identified the man as Richard Allen Burns, 32.
A man died Thursday morning after being found badly beaten in southwest Oklahoma City, police reported.
Richard Allen Burns, 32, was found near SW 41 and McKinley Avenue about 12:25 a.m. Thursday, police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
Videoview all videos
Sep 20A man was beaten in southwest Oklahoma City Thursday. He...
Burns was taken to OU Medical Center by ambulance and died about 9 a.m. at the hospital, Wardlow said.
Police are waiting for the state medical examiner's office to determine Burns' cause of death before proceeding in an investigation, Wardlow said.
Anyone with information can call the homicide tip line at 297-1200.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad