Man dies in hospital after being found beaten in Oklahoma City, police report
A man was found beaten in southwest Oklahoma City and was taken to a hospital, where he died Thursday morning. Police identified the man as Richard Allen Burns, 32.
A man died Thursday morning after being found badly beaten in southwest Oklahoma City, police reported.
Richard Allen Burns, 32, was found near SW 41 and McKinley Avenue about 12:25 a.m. Thursday, police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
Videoview all videos
Sep 20A man was beaten in southwest Oklahoma City Thursday. He...
Burns was taken to OU Medical Center by ambulance and died about 9 a.m. at the hospital, Wardlow said.
Police are waiting for the state medical examiner's office to determine Burns' cause of death before proceeding in an investigation, Wardlow said.
Anyone with information can call the homicide tip line at 297-1200.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena