Oklahoma City police investigate shooting on I-35
Victim said unknown shooter fired multiple rounds from silver car on I-35.
Police are investigating a mysterious early morning highway shooting that left one man injured.
The victim was in the back seat of a car that had just left a strip club at 3605 South I-35 Service Road when he was shot, said Lt. Don Holland of the Oklahoma City Police Department.
The man told police a silver car pulled up next to him on the interstate and shot several rounds into the vehicle. He said he could not identify the shooter or the vehicle.
The call came in about 2:40 a.m., Holland said, and emergency responders found the injured man in a McDonald's parking lot at 6012 S Pennsylvania.
He was treated at St. Anthony Hospital and released, Holland said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond