Man in custody after threats at Edmond church
Michael Seockjin Moon, 18, was arrested Monday after employees at First Presbyterian Church said a man threatened to kill them. One Edmond school was on lockdown during the search for the suspect.
Videoview all videos
Mar 4Michael Seockjin Moon, 18, was arrested Monday after...
Photoview all photos
After learning about the threat at First Presbyterian Church later in the morning, and hearing the suspect description, the Memorial High School resource officer looked up Moon's photo and address and provided it to Edmond detectives who, according to police, showed it to church personnel who made a positive ID that the photo matched the description of the person who walked into the church about 8:15 and made verbal threats, Parks-Schlepp said in a news release.
Moon was a student in Edmond Public Schools from August 2005 through August 2012, and graduated from Edmond Memorial High School last spring, according to the news release.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister