Man is arrested in Sept. 20 beating death
The Oklahoma County sheriff's warrant team arrested Larry Eugene Tosh, 39, on a murder complaint. He is accused of killing Richard Allen Burns Jr., 32, on Sept. 20.
Authorities have arrested a man known as “Big Irish” in the beating death of an Oklahoma City man.
Larry Eugene Tosh, 39, was arrested Wednesday on a murder complaint. He is accused of killing Richard Allen Burns Jr., 32.
Burns was found beaten about 12:30 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 1100 block of SW 41. He was taken to OU Medical Center, where he died.
On the night of his death, Burns told several people he was on his way to the Red Dog Cafe to meet “Irish,” who was going to help him with his drug debt, according to the arrest warrant.
A friend said she called Burns about 10:10 p.m. and a man with a strong “Irish” accent answered Burns' phone and told her to not call again unless she was bringing money to Burns, according to court documents.
An informant told police he knew Larry Tosh as “Big Irish,” a member of the Irish mob, and that Tosh told him he had been hired by a Mexican drug dealer to beat up Burns because of his drug debt.
The informant also told police Tosh said another member of the Irish mob named “Cagle,” who is in prison, wanted Burns beaten up because he thought Burns had been with his girlfriend.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims