Man is arrested in Sept. 20 beating death
The Oklahoma County sheriff's warrant team arrested Larry Eugene Tosh, 39, on a murder complaint. He is accused of killing Richard Allen Burns Jr., 32, on Sept. 20.
Tosh told the informant he only hit Burns four times, that Burns fought back and he does not know why Burns died. The informant said Tosh said he was only hired to beat Burns up, not kill him, and the death was really bothering him, according to the arrest warrant.
Police found that four phone calls were made Sept. 19 between Burns and Tosh's phones, according to the warrant.
Tosh was arrested Wednesday in the 3700 block of Geraldine Avenue by members of the Oklahoma County sheriff's warrant team with assistance from U.S. marshals.
Tosh was convicted of possession of a controlled dangerous substance in 1997, and distribution of a controlled dangerous substance and possession with intent to distribute in 2003, according to the warrant.
He is being held in the Oklahoma County jail without bail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments