A Nebraska woman’s widower is suing Wal-Mart and the maker of its plastic bags, alleging an overfilled bag given to her at a Bellevue store broke, and, in a strange twist, led to her death, according to The Lincoln Journal Star.
The site reports the man said his wife went grocery shopping on April 16, 2010 and the cashier gave her one plastic bag for two 42-ounce cans of La Choy and a 2-pound bag of rice.
On her way to the car, the bag broke and one of the cans of La Choy fell on her right foot, breaking her big toe and causing a deep cut, which reportedly led to an infection. Despite multiple rounds of antibiotics and two surgical procedures, the woman’s condition declined and infection spread throughout her body and resulted in her death on March 12, 2011, according to The Journal Star.
See this story on journalstar.com