Man steals generator from open garage, punches 79-year-old owner
Kevin L. Gilmore has prior robbery convictions. He is in jail on $4,500 bail.
A man is accused of stealing a $1,500 generator from an open garage and punching the 79-year-old owner who tried to stop him, court papers show.
Kevin L. Gilmore, 43, was arrested July 11 on complaints of grand larceny and assault and battery after the victim picked him out of a photo lineup, according to a probable cause affidavit filed in Oklahoma County District Court.
Gilmore was being held Monday at the Oklahoma County jail, with bail set at $4,500, a jail official said.
The theft occurred July 1 in the 400 block of Wildewood Terrace, Oklahoma City police reported. Police said Gilmore had help stealing the generator but did not identify a second suspect.
The victim, who was not identified, tried to stop the robber and was struck in the face with a closed fist and knocked to the ground, according to the affidavit.
Gilmore has prior convictions for robbery, in 1996 and 2001, court records show.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates