For the second time in two days, a house fire was reported at the same southwest Oklahoma City home, a fire department spokesman said.
Two people were taken to a hospital from the house Friday morning, fire Battalion Chief Brian Stanaland said.
The fire was reported at 6:50 a.m. Friday at 2617 SW 60. Two people were rescued from a bedroom and taken to a hospital. Investigators said the fire started due to discarded smoking materials. On Thursday, firefighters went to the same house about 6:15 a.m. where a log that rolled out of a wood-burning stove started a fire. A man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. The fire Thursday only caused minor damage, but the fire Friday at the house caused $15,000 to $20,000 in damage.
In a separate fire in northwest Oklahoma City on Thursday, a space heater is to blame for a fire that killed four dogs. Firefighters went at 1:30 p.m. Thursday to 806 W Hill. A cat was rescued from the house. A man and his wife were not home at the time of the fire. A space heater caused the fire, investigators determined. Firefighters reported $60,000 damage to the house, Stanaland said.
A space heater at 2816 Dorchester Drive caused a fire that killed a mother and her four children on Wednesday. A man injured in the fire on Dorchester, Brian Poletto, 39, remained in critical condition Friday at Integris Baptist Medical Center, spokeswoman Brooke Cayot said.