Man to be sent to Mass. in Hernandez murder case

Published on NewsOK Modified: July 1, 2013 at 5:38 pm •  Published: July 1, 2013
Advertisement
;

Prosecutors say Wallace and another man, Carlos Ortiz, were in the car with Hernandez when the three men picked up Lloyd on June 17, drove him to an industrial park and shot him five times. They have not said who fired the shots.

Ortiz is being held on a charge of carrying an unlicensed firearm in North Attleborough on the day Lloyd was shot. His attorney described Ortiz as a "gentle person" and said he had advised him to plead not guilty.

The three men are all linked to Bristol, Conn., where Hernandez grew up. Ortiz had been living in Bristol, and authorities had addresses for Wallace there and in Miramar.

Last summer, Hernandez, 23, signed a five-year contract worth $40 million with the Patriots. The team released him the day of his arrest, and he could face life in prison if convicted.



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Best cities to launch a startup
  2. 2
    Drought-stricken California may restrict outdoor water use
  3. 3
    Eva Mendes, Ryan Gosling pregnancy sparks Twitter shock from fans - NY Daily News
  4. 4
    Advocates for blind, deaf want more from Apple
  5. 5
    World Cup Fan Scores Modeling Gig From Cheering
+ show more