Man who brandished gun in school parking lot sparks chase, arrests in Oklahoma City
Two people were arrested in a car at NW 34 and St. Charles in Oklahoma City. Police are seeking a third person who may be armed.
WARR ACRES — Two men were jailed and police are seeking a third man after a car chase that started Wednesday in the parking lot of an alternative high school.
The chase began after a Putnam City School District police officer noticed a car he did not recognize about 2 p.m. in the parking lot of the alternative school, 5604 NW 41. When he went to check the vehicle, the driver yelled obscenities and brandished a gun, district spokesman Steve Lindley said.
Windsor Hills Elementary School was placed on lockdown briefly while the school police officer tracked the vehicle to NW 34 and N St. Charles Street in Oklahoma City.
The officer arrested Blake Kelley, 18, and Gary Childress, 19, Lindley said.
Lindley and an Oklahoma County jail official did not have information on the arrest complaints. A warrant was issued for the driver, Joseph Cross, Lindley said.
Kelley was enrolled at the high school, due to start night classes Wednesday, Lindley said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense