Man with $977 in merchandise arrested in Oklahoma City
A man tried to leave a Walmart store with 67 items in a cart without paying for them, Oklahoma City police reported.
A man was arrested, police said, after he failed to pay for the 67 items in his cart — twice.
James R. Beck, 56, was arrested Sunday at Walmart, 1801 N Belle Isle Blvd., on a complaint of grand larceny.
An employee saw Beck push a cart of merchandise from the registers to the customer service area, according to an incident report released Wednesday.
The employee told police he saw Beck try to leave with the cart after going to the customer service area. When the employee confronted Beck, he told the employee he would go back inside and pay.
The employee saw Beck go to a register and then attempted to leave a second time without paying for the merchandise, according to the report.
The total value of the merchandise was $977.40, according to the police report. Items in the cart included tools, bath towels and an HP computer.
Police took Beck to the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims