Man's death in south Oklahoma City investigated as homicide
Police are investigating the beating death of a man Thursday as a homicide.
The death of an Oklahoma City man is being investigated as a homicide, police said Monday.
Richard Allen Burns Jr., 32, of Oklahoma City, was found beaten in the 1100 block of SW 41 about 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
Police officers responded to a report of an assault and found Burns unresponsive at the scene. Officers tried to revive Burns. He was taken to OU Medical Center where he died, police Master Sgt. Gary Knight reports.
An autopsy report is pending, state medical examiner spokeswoman Amy Elliott said Monday.
Police have not made any arrests in the case. Anyone with information can call the homicide tip line at (405) 297-1200.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims