Marlins' Guillen defends team in profane tweet
MIAMI (AP) — Ozzie Guillen says his last-place Miami Marlins are still hustling, and he's still defending them.
After a victory Friday over the Cincinnati Reds, the manager tweeted a profanity in reference to a reporter, saying he made "stupid comments about the miami team. ... we still play hard. ... i think u no watch."
The season has been bitterly disappointing for the Marlins, who went on a spending spree last December and expected to field a contender in the first year in their new ballpark. Instead, they were dismantling the roster by July and will likely finish with a losing record for the third year in a row.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater