Marriage, family advocate in state to support Coburn
James Dobson spoke to people during a rally and urged them to consider Brad Carson's record.
Taking a hard line against ads run by Democrat Brad Carson's campaign for the U.S. Senate against Republican candidate Tom Coburn, well-known Focus on the Family founder James Dobson said Friday, "It's wrong. It's evil.
Dobson, who had been stumping for Coburn in Oklahoma since Thursday, said Carson was lying.
"He may very well be a nice man, and I'm not attacking his personhood, but there's a gap between who he says he is and what he does, Dobson said, criticizing Carson for votes on partial-birth abortion and in support of same-sex marriage.
Dobson warned those attending the Friday afternoon rally at Oklahoma Christian University that the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman must be protected.
He cited examples of countries such as Norway that have allowed same-sex couples to marry as proof that fewer men and women get married.
Dobson said 80 percent of children are born out of wedlock in Norway.
"Homosexuals are not monogamous. They want to destroy the institution of marriage, Dobson said.
"It will destroy marriage. It will destroy the Earth.
Dobson urged rally attendees to reach out to homosexuals and "bring them to Jesus.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims