Marriage, family advocate in state to support Coburn
James Dobson spoke to people during a rally and urged them to consider Brad Carson's record.
Dobson said a vote for Carson, "even if you think he's right, would be a vote for U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle, D-S.D.; Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass.; and Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont.
"Patrick Leahy is a God's people' hater, Dobson said.
"I don't know if he hates God, but he hates God's people.
Dobson said Coburn was exactly the kind of senator Oklahoma needs.
"I am passionate in my support of Dr. Tom Coburn, Dobson said.
"This man absolutely has to be sent back to Washington.
Also on hand to support Coburn, U.S. Rep. Ernest Istook, R-Warr Acres, said more lawmakers who believe in "the divine origins of the country are needed.
Coburn said he respected Dobson and was proud to have his endorsement.Archive ID: 2101062
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?