What’s It Like: To donate bone marrow or blood stem cells
Bone marrow and blood stem cells donation procedure helps those diagnosed with a life-threatening disease.
Why donate bone marrow or blood stem cells?
You might choose to donate bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cells because you know someone who needs either for a transplant. For example, some people donate because a doctor thinks that person could be a match for a family member.
When you sign up to donate bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cells, you join a national registry of people who have agreed they’re willing to donate bone marrow. Whether you receive a call...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims