Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
iton Page didn't score, missing all seven of his shots with Texas' Dogus Balbay dogging him throughout. Moses led OSU with 14 points, Jéan-Paul Olukemi added 13 and Markel Brown 12, but no other Cowboy managed more than four. “Most of the night, it was very hard for us to score,” said Cowboys coach Travis Ford, who promised offensive changes to come. “That was the difference in the game, their guys made plays.” Freshman forward Tristan Thompson, held without a shot attempt in the first half, scored 14 after the break to lead the Longhorns. Jordan Hamilton added 12, and Balbay capped his great defensive effort with 10 points, a “bonus” Ford said. “Dogus was terrific,” said Texas coach Rick Barnes. “I told the team I thought he was the single biggest difference for us with what he did in terms of trying to disrupt things.” The officials allowed the game to be physical early on, and Balbay used it to his advantage, putting a body on Page wherever he went. Even when Page got open looks, he misfired. “I think he got some good shots,” Ford said of Page. “Now, the MVP of this game, the best player on the floor, was Dogus Balbay. The way he defends and the way he runs his basketball team and he has a great presence for their team. He disrupted a lot of things we like to do.”
Marshall Moses scores 14 in Oklahoma State's loss to Texas
Videoview all videos
Jan 27Marshall Moses had 14 points and 11 rebounds, but the...
Jan 27Eddie Sutton, Desmond Mason, Andre Williams and Doug...
Jan 24While more than a decade has passed since 10 members of...
Photoview all 33 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in